468x60 Ads


9 June 2012

My Travel Photo #2

Here are some more pictures that I took during our holiday in Kuching, the capital city of Sarawak. All These pictures were taken using Nikon D90, AF-S Nikkor 16-85mm 1:3.5-5.6 G ED lens and build-in flash.

To produce these pictures, I also use the same technique with my first travel photography; edited by using some type of software to enhancing the photos. However, for the picture below, I did not change or edit much except for the hue and saturation.

Hotel Hilton - Kuching, Sarawak
For these pictures, I use the preset that found in Color Efex Pro, including Cross Balance, Color Stylizer and Darken/Lighten Center. To get a trace of smoke in the picture, I was spraying some white color. The main idea is to create a classic and historic photograph, since there is a lot of history at the Kuching city.

Perhaps, my editing techniques are incorrect or not follow the concept. However, the meaning of a picture is subjective and it depends on the individual. As a beginner, I need to try several techniques to get me interested in color tone. 

Historical Monument & Building in Kuching Sarawak
historical_building

Kuching Waterfront - Bazaar 
kuching_waterfront_bazaar-1
kuching_waterfront_bazaar
kuching_waterfront_bazaar-3

Kuching Waterfront - Sarawak State Assembly Building
kuching_waterfront
kuching_waterfront-2
Of course, produce pictures like this is not an easy job, especially when the picture is quite poor quality. This is where I learned one thing; I'm supposed to learn what's best for taking pictures, not learn what is best for editing the pictures!


Ezzat RoslanPosted By Ezzat Roslan

A big THANKS to all the readers who visited My Beautiful Borneo. All articles in this blog are based on my own personal experiences. If this article useful, you can share with other readers on FACEBOOK or TWITTER. If there's anything you're still curious about, let me know in the comments. Thank You

0 comments:

Post a Comment